G7® Master Printer Certification and Why It’s Important to You
Our clients expect their print products to be the very best in print quality, with quick turnaround and at a great value.
We are G7 Master Printer Certified for ALL of our printing equipment – offset, digital and inkjet, including proofing – and this helps us make sure that those expectations are met by maintaining international standards that printers must meet if they wish to be certified.
What Is G7?
G7 is an internationally recognized method for calibrating printing presses and print proofing systems. It raises the bar on color matching performance and guarantees that you are working with only the best printers in the marketplace.
- G7 is a method to ensure a similar appearance across all inkjet, digital, offset, and proofing devices
- G7 is used to consistently hit desired color targets
- G7 is designed to align all processes, substrates, and inks
- G7 is a global specification for targeting gray balance
What Is a G7 Master Printer?
A G7 Master printer has been trained by an IDEAlliance-certified G7 Expert to use the G7 system, and the G7 Master Qualification is granted to a physical facility. G7 Master Status indicates that the facility has calibrated certain equipment and systems to G7 gray balance and neutral tone curves and is capable of delivering G7 proofs and print products. In a nutshell — G7 makes standardized proofing and printing easier.
G7 Masters Are…
- Skilled, tested, and proven leaders in print production
- Users of global standards to match proof-to-print across any process, ink, or substrate
- Committed to reducing costs, speeding product to market, and improving their client’s brand image
Benefits of G7 Master Printer Certification for Creatives & Print Buyers
- G7 Master Printers meet the latest printing specifications (GRACoL*) and deliver the most consistent, repeatable work.
- G7 Compliant Proofing = Matching Press Sheet
- Quicker turn-around, higher quality, greater consistency, easier re-prints, and most importantly, customer satisfaction!
- Easier file sharing between different G7 printers and technologies (eg: all inkjet, digital, offset, and proofing devices).
- Many Fortune 500 companies are specifying G7 certification on a national basis as a strategy to ensure consistency for their print materials.
*GRACoL (General Requirements for Applications in Commercial Offset Lithography) is the North American standard of proof and print specifications, defining how a typical sheet-fed commercial press should look.
Who Can be G7 Certified?
G7 Master Printer Certification is granted to print facilities proven capable of performing the G7 methodology on proof and press by a certified G7 expert.
Selecting a certified printer guarantees that you will receive a high-quality end product. Your brand will be accurately represented throughout your cross marketing collateral, packaging, and signage.
If you have questions about G7 certification feel free to contact us so we can answer them. You can also learn more about G7 certification by clicking the Idealliance logo below: