Central Florida is Home
We pride ourselves strongly on our shared motto “print local promote local.” Central Florida is our home and we are committed to making a positive contribution to our community and supporting local businesses.
As a Central Florida business, we are committed to making a positive contribution to our community and are actively involved in supporting local business and encouraging community growth. We’re proud members of the Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce.
TOP 10 REASONS TO SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS
Keep Money in Our Neighborhood
For every $100 spent in locally owned independent stores, $68 returns to the community through taxes, payroll, and other expenditures. These dollars continue to flow through our community. If you spend that in a national chain, only $43 stays here. Spend it online and nothing comes home. (Source – The 3/50 Project)
Locally Owned Businesses Support Community Groups
Non-profit organizations receive an average of 350% more support from local business owners than they do from non-locally owned businesses.
Create Jobs in Our Community
Small local businesses are the largest employer nationally and owned businesses are far less likely to pull up stakes and move operations to another city or country, taking their jobs with them.
Get Better Service
In a local business, you know the person behind the counter, and they know you. They have a deep understanding of the products they are selling, and they take time to serve their customers.
Community Well Being
Locally owned businesses build strong neighborhoods by sustaining communities, linking neighbors, and contributing to more local causes.
Keep Our Community Unique
Where we shop, eat, and go for entertainment helps make our community home. Our one-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of the distinctive character of our community.
Investment in the Community
Local business owners are people who live here, work here, and are invested in the community with their time and energy as well as their dollars.
Enjoy Selections Geared to Local Taste and Needs
Local businesses have a wider array of uniquely focused products because they buy and sell based on what they know local customers want and need, creating more relevant choices.
Local Decision Making
Local ownership means that important decisions are made locally by people who live in our community and who will feel the impacts of those decisions.
Creativity and entrepreneurship are what fuels America’s economic innovation and prosperity. The success of locally owned, independent businesses provides real-life examples to our young people, proving that they can stay in our area and prosper through their own hard work and ingenuity.
Central Florida Current Events
- Synth-pop star Howard Jones gets his due at Hard Rock Liveby Tony Mauss on July 17, 2019 at 6:49 pm
Howard Jones doesn’t get the recognition he deserves. […]
- Jennifer Lopez returns to Orlando for the first time in half a decade along with stars from World of Danceby Annabelle Sikes on July 17, 2019 at 6:43 pm
For the first time in nearly six years, Jennifer Lopez will be returning to Orlando. […]
- Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs gives guests the chance to learn how to slice sushi like a proby Jessica Bryce Young on July 17, 2019 at 6:38 pm
Sharpen your knife skills while also sampling exquisitely fresh raw sea creatures including mackerel, hamachi and madai snapper at this “educational seminar” happening Sunday afternoon at Morimoto Asia. […]
- Classic Gainesville band Radon join an old-school matinee at Will's Pub this weekendby Matthew Moyer on July 17, 2019 at 6:31 pm
It may seem like lifetimes ago to those of us “of a certain age,” but all-ages matinee shows were once an important proving ground for punk and hardcore bands to hone their stagecraft in front of die-hard fans who maybe weren’t old enough to get into these same venues at night. Matinees are not as regular of a phenomenon as they once were, but Will’s will be hosting a […]
- Tacos & Tequila bids farewell to downtown Orlando's beautiful Cheyenne Saloon this weekendby Thaddeus McCollum on July 17, 2019 at 6:10 pm
This weekend, we bid adieu to the beautiful Cheyenne Saloon with one of our favorite food events: Tacos & Tequila, where restaurants and sponsors set up shop throughout the building to pass out their favorite takes on tacos. […]
- Florida plants get artistic treatment at the Falcon's Flora art showby Jenna Lyons on July 17, 2019 at 5:57 pm
It seems the creepy-crawly fauna in Florida – gators, boa constrictors and whatever else is lurking in the Everglades – get all the attention. […]
- Reverend Horton Heat to bring his Holiday Hayride back to Orlando in Decemberby Matthew Moyer on July 17, 2019 at 5:21 pm
Why should Brian Setzer have all the rockabilly-style holiday fun? Psychobilly pioneer Reverend Horton Heat posed this question in his own unique manner last year with his "Horton's Holiday Hayride" tour, and he's just announced Round 2 set to kick off in late November. […]
- Showtime's On Becoming a God in Central Florida trailer has us feeling like winners alreadyby Thaddeus McCollum on July 17, 2019 at 3:34 pm
Film and TV representations of Central Florida often miss the mark – anyone remember the godawful The Hotwives of Orlando? […]
- Hundreds in Orlando protest for resignation of Puerto Rico governor Ricardo Rosselloby Jenna Lyons on July 17, 2019 at 3:15 pm
Hundreds gathered in Orlando Tuesday evening calling for the resignation of Puerto Rico’s governor Ricardo Rosselló. Demonstrators stood outside the Puerto Rico Federal Affairs Administration office on Lake Ellenor Drive, chanting while waving the commonwealth’s flags and homemade posters, seen in WFTV video coverage. The protests joined ongoing demonstrations […]
- Overall crime is down, reports new Orange County Sheriff Mina, but homicides are upby Jenna Lyons on July 17, 2019 at 1:33 pm
The Orange County Sheriff's Office saw an uptick in homicides in 2018, while overall crime is on the decline. […]