Why Choose Direct Mail?
Direct mail is an extremely effective marketing strategy to reach new or current customers. Minuteman Press Longwood has the equipment, experience, and expertise to help your direct mail project succeed! Whether you have your own concept and design or need assistance getting started, our team will help create engaging content with a clear call-to-action to get you the results you need.
Direct Mail Is…
The ability to track the success of your campaign.
Send out a variety of formats including letters, postcards, or brochures! You can be creative with colors and graphics.
Address your customers by name, speak to them individually, and appeal to their interests.
Physically place your message in your customers’ hands and encourage interaction.
Direct Mail is an affordable way to market to potential customers.
Focus on a smaller group of prospects who are mre likely to respond to your offer.
We work with you to create a custom mailing list based on your target audience demographics and geographic location utilizing USPS approved software to more cost effectively mail your materials. If you already have a direct mailing list, we take your list and develop the best materials to deliver your message for your Longwood direct mail campaign.
Call us at 407.260.0116 or stop by for a FREE consultation on how we fulfill your custom Longwood direct mail marketing and advertising needs. In doing so, you will not only be greeted warmly and given expert advice on your project, but you will also have the huge advantage of capitalizing on the insight that we have gained by serving the very same community you wish to target with your postcards, brochures, flyers and other promotional pieces. We are ready, willing and able to assist you in fulfilling all of your direct marketing demands, from postcard creation, design and production to cost-effective direct mail and Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) services.
Today, the United States Postal Service has a gift for the small business owner. It’s called “Every Door Direct Mail!” With an EDDM campaign, the Post Office has made it easy and more affordable for you to reach potential customers. For approximately one third of the cost of a first class stamp per piece, we send 5,000 – 10,000 mail pieces to any carrier route. This mailing will be delivered to every door without a mailing list. It’s a wonderful way to reach a community to promote your products and services. We are your Every Door Direct Mail partner from concept review and design through to printing and delivery.
Call us at 407.260.0116 or stop by for a FREE consultation today.
Every Door Direct Mail
Marketing to every door in the area
that you select. View demographics
• Residential or Business & Residential
• Average Household Size
• Average Household Income
• Average Household Age
and then choose the routes
that most closely match your criteria.
Did you know that using Variable Data (also known as personalization or customization) will potentially increase your ROI by 5-10 times over traditional Direct Mail campaigns? Why settle for the normal 1-2% response rate when you could potentially do much better? Using Variable Data techniques, we customize your direct mail piece specifically to your individual customers. Let us help you reach your customers by personalizing a variable data mail piece that connects to them. Contact us today for your FREE consultation.
Dramatically increase your
ROI by a factor of 5-10 times
with personalized mail
pieces for every individual
on your list.
Every Door Direct Mail
Map Your Marketing Mail
Size of Household
Why Direct Mail?
Informed Delivery with Supplemental Interactive Content
Informed Delivery interactive campaigns provide additional benefits, allowing you to:
- Enhance the scanned grayscale mailpiece images that consumers are already receiving by displaying a color image and an additional interactive ride-along image below with a URL link in their daily Informed Delivery email.
- Give the mail recipient or other household members the opportunity to take action immediately on their mailpiece by clicking on a campaign image/website link—regardless of whether or not they retrieve mail from the physical mailbox.
- Coordinate multi-channel campaigns.
- Gain greater visibility because mailpieces that are designed as interactive campaigns appear at the top of the list in the consumer’s email or dashboard.
- Collect information on campaign reach and results (e.g., open rates, click-through rates) through data analytics.
Informed Delivery also allows you to:
- Take advantage of a new digital channel, tying hardcopy mail to digital content.
- Receive an additional digital impression for the intended recipient and additional impressions for other household members who are Informed Delivery users.
- Experience high email open rates (over 60% daily average).
What We Offer
Direct Mail Campaigns – We can produce your direct mail campaign from concept to design to mailing. Using your lists, or lists we provide, we can mail items such as postcards, letters, self-mailers, newsletters. Using our permits or use your own, we can get the lowest postage rates and save you money by eliminating duplicates and undeliverable items. Let us help you get connected to your customers and increase your ROI.
Data Management – This is the ongoing process of obtaining, updating and scrubbing mailing lists to ensure accuracy and to segment data by demographic, geographic and other variables.
National Change of Address (NCOALink) – a secure dataset of approximately 160 million permanent change-of-address (COA) records consisting of the names and addresses of individuals, families and businesses who have filed a change-of-address with the USPS, giving you the newest address for your mail piece
Coding Accuracy Support System (CASS) Certification – enables the United States Postal Service (USPS) to evaluate the accuracy of software that corrects and matches street addresses.
Intelligent Mail Barcode (IM barcode) – This is a 65-bar barcode used on U.S. mail. The term “Intelligent Mail” refers to services offered by the USPS for domestic mail delivery. This will help give you the best possible rate on your postage.
Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) – The USPS offers EDDM – a direct mail service that lets you have your mail item delivered to every address or delivery point within your assigned carrier routes, at a low postage.
Customized Data-Driven VDP Campaigns – Drawing information from an external database file, this is a form of digital printing, including on-demand printing, in which elements such as text, graphics and images may be changed from one printed item to the next, without stopping or slowing down the printing process. This ads a unique quality to each printed piece.
Informed Delivery with Supplemental Interactive Content – We can design the “ride-along” piece and setup the mailing for Informed Delivery with the supplemental interactive contact to redirect to the URL of your choice, and if required, we can design a separate landing page.
I’m Ready to Start
We can help you every step of the way. Here are some things to think about:
Who is my Target Audience?
We can supply a targeted list based on various criteria, including – demographics: age, income, geography, business type, business size, etc. Or we can use a customer-supplied list. Each mailpiece is addressed.
EDDM – Every Door Direct Mail
EDDM – Mailing to Every Door in a selected carrier route within zip code. Mailpiece has to be a USPS “flat” piece which requires the minimum height to be 6-1/8” or the minimum width to be 11-1/2”. No addressing.
What do I want to send?
There are several considerations about the mail piece. Form is one of the first and sizes include, postcard, self-mailer, envelope, or a shaped item. Standard sized letter or postcards can get lost among other mail pieces. A larger mailer will stand out more in your customers’ mailboxes. A non-standard size will also catch your customers’ attention, meaning all of your other design work and carefully crafted copy won’t go to waste.
Just as your designer takes the time to carefully lay out your mail piece, so too should you take the time to carefully think about and write your message. Be sure to think it all the way through. WHAT you say and HOW you say it is essential. Here are some things you should consider to make your direct mail messaging more effective.
- Stick to your Brand: Your brand is your identity. People are less likely to trust you and your message if you stray from it. Make sure that you craft your message to coincide with your brand.
- Be Concise: If you don’t want your mail piece thrown right into the trash, then be sure to use the KISS method and Keep it Simple and Stupid. Use fewer words by bulleting your details. Highlight the important words with bold and italic text.
- Repeat the Message: Frequent repetition will ensure that your message gets remembered. Though it may seem annoying if readers remember your message better, they will be more likely to respond. Repetition also tends to create more trust in the message. You can also repeat your message in the Postscript section (P.S.) after the closing.
- Keep your Focus: When designing direct mail, you want to have your artwork, layout, and message to all be coordinated together and focused. Use colors, lines, and angles to lead the eye. Avoid having too many elements that conflict or detract from your message. It will confuse the recipient who will then throw your piece in the trash.
- Try to Rhyme: Just as people enjoy and remember music well, it can also be true for using rhymes. They’re fun to read, easy to remember, and the best part is that you can subtly coax people with your message.
With direct mail you have a very wide range of offers that can help you better position your message and show your product or service in the most positive light. To Maximize your response rate, your offer needs to break through the big wall of rising consumer skepticism, distrust and apathy. Click the link below to learn some of response copywriter, designer and consultant Dean Rieck’s types of offers, grouped by function:
- LOWER-YOUR-RISK OFFERS – like Double Your Money Back, or Long-term Guarantee
- BRIBE OFFERS – such as Free Gift or Free Gift with payment or Trial Subscription
- OFFERS THAT SAY ‘URGENT’ – like last chance, Limited Edition, or Enrollment Period
- REDUCED-PRICE OFFERS – these include Dollars Off, Refunds and Rebates, Sales, Loyalty Rewards, Quantity Discounts, Group Discounts, Early Bird, Price Matching, and Trade-in Offers
- 3 EXTRA OFFERS – Gift or Free Shipping, Rush Shipping, or Buy Now and Ship Later
CALL TO ACTION
Writing an effective call to action (CTA) is critical in driving up your response rate. Below are some suggestions for putting together an effective CTA:
- Define Your Goals – Ask yourself:
- What action do I want my recipients to take?
- What will they gain from taking that action?
- How will they know what to do?
- Explain the Benefits – As most people don’t have much time or patience, make sure that the value is clear and worth the time to take the action.
- Use Effective Language – Create a sense of urgency and timeliness. Use an active, not a passive voice, using more descriptive verbs other than just “Click Here” or “Call Now”. Don’t over commit the recipient. Use words like “Shop Now” instead of “Buy Now.”
- Design Considerations with your CTA – Get the reader’s attention as soon as you can by placing the CTA near or at the top of the mail piece, and then repeat it again a few times to help commit it to the reader’s memory.
With today’s technology, there’s no need to just put your recipient’s name on your mail piece. Our direct mail technology allows you to get as personal as you want and this includes not only text but images as well. Below are some reasons why you should maximize personalization:
- Recipients Like It:
Recipients have stated in many studies that they pay more attention to mail pieces that are personalized. It makes them feel more special.
- Better Targeting:
Personalization allow you to better target your message to each person. Using the information you have collected in your database, you can create custom offers that appeal to the right people based on purchase history.
- Better Response:
Because your audience prefers it, and it allows you to better target recipients, personalization will lead to a better response rate.
QR CODE LINKING
Ever since Apple introduced it’s native QR code scanner to it’s iPhones in late 2017, the popularity of this instant web linking technology dramatically increased. Forbes reports: “Recent data shows usage is increasing: 34% of US smartphone users have scanned a QR code – rising to 46% of tablet owners. Expect these numbers to go up sharply in the coming 12 months.” If you’re wondering how QR codes can boost your direct mail marketing, consider these 5 powerful benefits:
- QR Codes Put a Focus on Digital Marketing: Consumers spend 8.4 minutes sorting mail—plenty of time to deliver information and excite readers to actively engage. QR codes make moving to that customer engagement stage much easier, whether it’s downloading an app, watching a video, or redeeming a special offer.
- The Dominance of Mobile is Leveraged by QR Scanning: 80% of internet users own a smartphone, and QR codes provide a quick and easy way for smartphone users to interact online no matter where they are, without having to wait for a desktop or laptop to boot up.
- QR Codes increase Engagement and Conversions: Just consider these Royal Mail report findings. As a direct result of receiving mail:- 92% of recipients are driven to online or digital activity.
– 87% of recipients are influenced to make online purchases.
– 86% connected with the business.
– 54% engaged in social media interactions.
– 43% downloaded something.
– QR codes are easily recognizable and draw readers’ attention. They focus attention on a specific, desired engagement, making it easier than ever to drive direct mail recipients to digital action.
- QR Codes Can Be Personalized to track Experiences Interactions: With variable data printing, it’s now possible to create unique QR codes for different target audiences. A single campaign can be produced and delivered with multiple codes, each of which leads to a personalized digital experience. Since QR codes can be linked to unique URLs, it’s easy to analyze traffic patterns. In the past, it was nearly impossible to connect the digital activities of users to the direct mail they’d received. QR code scanning connects the gaps and provides the kind of valuable insights that shape and improve direct and digital marketing efforts.
- Cash in on USPS Incentives: The US Postal Service has a long history of offering direct mail marketers incentives for using certain features. QR codes are no different. In early 2017, USPS announced three specific incentives geared towards combining digital technology with direct mail campaigns, such as:- Emerging & Advanced Technology Promotion
– Direct Mail Starter Promotion
– and Mobile Shopping Promotion, just to name a few
What do I want to invest?
Start with your goals for the campaign. Determine what your target population should be to accomplish these goals. A direct mail campaign can start from as low as $500 for an all-inclusive EDDM (qty 500, design, print and postage). Use our cost calculator below!
Targeted List Cost
Design, printing, list purchase, addressing/drop,
postage (presorted standard $0.28pp)
Design, printing, drop,
and postage (flat EDDM $0.166pp)
|List Entries||List||No Criteria, only route within zip codes|
|Postage||Average rate for up to 3.5oz is $0.28, presorted standard rate for letter or postcard||$0.18|
|Size||Can be a postcard, letter size or flat.||Must be a USPS “flat”, most economical size|
to fit the criteria is either 8.75”x6.125” or 12”x4”
Cross Media Options
Adding cross media options to enhance the message, eg., adding a QR code to the mailpiece with a link to a landing page, website or Facebook page.
Supplementing physical mailing with an eblast.
Successful campaigns repeatedly contact the target, using different media – mail, email, phone, meetings. Experts suggest at least 4 to 6 different mail drops to the same audience over a period of 2-3 months.